Alice [慈安] Fang
Interaction designs. Graphic designs. Codes sometimes. Also calligraphy-s in her free time. Loves calendars, museums, internet archives, sudoku, and collecting books but not always reading them.
This site is always a work in progress.
- The Year in Pictures 2022 
- An immersive experience into The Worlds of Octavia Butler 
- Typography for School Counselors and the Pandemic 
- A photo essay on Olmsted’s Public Parks 
- A longform read on the Protectors of Congo’s Peatlands  ...
- ... and the Profits from Scotland’s Bogs 
- Live animations and reporting on singles figure skating for the Beijing Winter Olympics 
- 52 Places for a Changed World , the Travel desk’s annual list of places to go 2021
- Live animations on swimming and track for the Tokyo Summer Olympics , 
- A quietly beautiful series about Chronic Pain 
- Representing How It Feels to Be Asian in Today’s America 
- Fun video interactions in What Matters in a Name Sign? 
Graduated from Carnegie Mellon Univ. with a degree in communication design  and a minor in professional writing:
- Built a nano museum  for her senior capstone. 2020
- Created a book  and website  about critical issues in design by parsing and analyzing 2700+ written responses from the 2019 AIGA Design Census.
- Designed a mobile field guide app  for insect identification, and other digi-citizen-science things with Macroinvertebrates.org .
- With amazing collaborators and other people’s money*, fabricated zoöid: , , a fashion-light-art-installation.
- Also designed the show booklet  for Lunar Gala: Yesterday, the fashion show that zoöid closed as the finale in February 2020... right before the onset of the pandemic.
Collaborates frequently with Jaclyn Saik . Reach out at alicecfang [at] gmail to hear about what they’re up to, or to just chat about bugs, clouds , the internet, and/or the upcoming 2s that she’s super excited for: Hades 2, Zelda BOTW 2, Spider-Verse 2.